We have identified over 650 questions and answers concerning many of the topics featured on this site. The information is categorised and can be reached by navigating via the entries below.

Information can also be retrieved using the Search box. This will search through the entire list of FAQ entries (in the Title and the Body) and will return results based on a match based on the words you input. If you wish, you may enter complete questions, e.g. "What currency would we use in an independent Scotland".

Powers over these issues will transfer to the Scottish Parliament as a result of independence. It is the current Scottish Government’s intention to continue to use the services of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, Driving Standards Agency, and Vehicle and Operator Services Agency in the immediate post-independence period. These agencies are currently selffunded through user fees. Scottish users, therefore contribute fully to the cost of providing these services.

Independence will allow the Scottish Parliament to determine the best way to deliver these services in the future. The current Scottish Government proposes the creation of a new, streamlined Scottish Motor Services Agency, which will bring together the functions of DVLA, DSA, VOSA, and Vehicle Certification Agency. By the end of the first term of an independent Parliament, the current Scottish Government would plan to have completed the design and development work, with a view to the Agency going live early in the second Parliament.

Source: Scotland's Future, Scottish Government, November 2013.